H4 to F1 Stamping : Reason

jsamyuktha

Hi,

I have come to India on a holiday for few months, i have also enrolled in for classes at a University that starts this Spring 2014 (March 31st). I applied for my I 20 and I also received it from the University. I plan to go for my F1 stamping in the next 20 days rather than going back to US ans getting a COS to F1, again come back to India and get it stamped on my passport. My questions are

1. What can i answer at the consulate if he/she asks me why i want to change from h4  to f1, when i can study with a h4 visa?

Can i tell them that i want to attend internships, OPT, CPT, etc.

or

My H4 is getting expired this May 2014, (My husband has applied for H1B extension)?

Hi,

I have come to India on a holiday for few months, i have also enrolled in for classes at a University that starts this Spring 2014 (March 31st). I applied for my I 20 and I also received it from the University. I plan to go for my F1 stamping in the next 20 days rather than going back to US ans getting a COS to F1, again come back to India and get it stamped on my passport. My questions are

1. What can i answer at the consulate if he/she asks me why i want to change from h4  to f1, when i can study with a h4 visa?

or

My H4 is getting expired this May 2014, (My husband has applied for H1B extension)?

Whatever is the true reason should be your answer.

or

Truth.

But never say CPT.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived