DOS delayed- Next options

April21

Hi-

I had posted this following question few months ago. I was advised on the forum to obtain a advisory opinion and therefore I have applied for one.

Ideally it should come in 6-8 weeks and with my case it has been close to 12 weeks and I still have not heard anything from them. As they ask us to send the letter by regular mail- I had not attached any tracking number with it. 

Also, I cannot find any phone number to be able to call them/track the status of my request for their opinion.

Hi,

I am an Indian working in USA on J1 visa in a university. My J1 visa states -Bearer is not subject to section 212(E).

What does it mean- do I still need to apply for a visa waiver towards the home country residency.

Are J1s more than one kind, where some are subjected to the home country physical presence rule and others are exempted from this rule.

Please advice about the same..

thanks

Hi-

I had posted this following question few months ago. I was advised on the forum to obtain a advisory opinion and therefore I have applied for one.

Ideally it should come in 6-8 weeks and with my case it has been close to 12 weeks and I still have not heard anything from them. As they ask us to send the letter by regular mail- I had not attached any tracking number with it. 

Also, I cannot find any phone number to be able to call them/track the status of my request for their opinion.

Hi,

I am an Indian working in USA on J1 visa in a university. My J1 visa states -Bearer is not subject to section 212(E).

What does it mean- do I still need to apply for a visa waiver towards the home country residency.

Are J1s more than one kind, where some are subjected to the home country physical presence rule and others are exempted from this rule.

Please advice about the same..

thanks

If you have done google search you would have found how to get in touch with DOS to get an update.

If you do not have a case number, you may contact Visa Services’ Public Inquiries Division at (202) 485-7600. Do not contact the Waiver Review Division.

For my fiance Advisory Opinion they took almost 10 weeks. You can send an email to  212ewaiver@state.gov to get the case number, that's how we got our case number after 8 weeks. Please see below for email which we send:

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is ---------and I was working as J1 Research Scholar at --------. 

I have sent a written request to the Waiver Review Division asking an advisory opinion to determine whether the two-year home-country physical presence requirement applies to me or not. Along with the application, I  have sent my copy of DS2019 as well as the self addressed written envelope. The application was sent on date.....

I would like to know the decision on the advisory opinion for my case as this information is important for me to file my J1 waiver application.

My Details are as follows:
Last Name: ----
First Name: -----
Date of Birth: ------
Nationality: ------

Please let me know if any further information is required. 

Thank You

Best

-------
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

My case is still pending after 7 weeks of receiving NOS. If I don't recieve the favorable recommendation by 8 week what should I do ? I am scared because my J1 is going to be expired by April 21st and planning to apply for H1b. but I am waiting for the DoS response. Please sugeest me how can I request them to expadite my case.

Thanks

Diganta

• 6 months later...

Archived