H1B stamping- Mumbai, India consulate

chikz

Hi,

I am currently working as consultant. My work/project is ending 1/31/2014. Is it safe to go for visa stamping in this situation? I have my H1B, but my change status got denied. I filed MTR, but still no reply (currently maintaining student status). So I decided to go India for visa stamp, but now I got to know due to budget cut project is ending.

Please share any info, if anyone in same situation.

thank you

Hi,

I am currently working as consultant. My work/project is ending 1/31/2014. Is it safe to go for visa stamping in this situation? I have my H1B, but my change status got denied. I filed MTR, but still no reply (currently maintaining student status). So I decided to go India for visa stamp, but now I got to know due to budget cut project is ending.

thank you

If your project is ending and if you will be no longer working for employer or being paid by employer you cannot go for stamping.

Hi,

thank you

If you are in Student status, on what status are you working?? OPT??

On CPT?? what work are you doing in CPT??

What's the reason for COS denial??

Studying Software engineering and working as BA. Reason for COS denial was I didn't maintain my student status based on the documents submitted during RFE. I had submitted all the required documents for RFE.

Studying Software engineering and working as BA. Reason for COS denial was I didn't maintain my student status based on the documents submitted during RFE. I had submitted all the required documents for RFE.

So this BA job and your H1 job are one and the same??

Can you explain how this BA job is part of your F1 program??

Archived