RFE: COS H4 to F1

meerasach

Hi,

I entered USA in 2012 on H-4 visa. I am currently pursuing full time MBA and due to graduate in December 2014. I started MBA on my current visa status (H-4) and applied for F-1 in August 2013. I recently received a request for evidence in response to Application to extend/change Nonimmigrant status(I539).

1. Immigration Petition: on your application, you indicate that an immigrant visa petition has been filed on your behalf. submit evidence of the visa petition that lists you as a beneficiary. Include a copy of the approval notice and a copy of any embassy or consulate notification regarding a visa interview.

An immigration petition was filed on my father's behalf, however since my father passed away my  immigration petition was not pursued. I had answered Yes to question on form which states that Has an immigration petition ever been filed for you.

I do not have supporting documents for immigration petition, I have approximate dates since the petition was filed more than 25 years back and interview call for that petition was scheduled after my father passed away, which was never pursued. 

2. Temporary nature of stay: you are seeking a change of status to F-1 student. however, F-1 status is temporary. Please submit a statement in which you describe your intention concerning departure from the United States.

Please submit a statement or documentation to establish that you have a foreign residence where you intend to reside at the expiration of your F status. such documents includes utility bills , mortgage statements, rental agreements, current rent receipt. 

I have prepared  following documents in response to this query:

• My Bar council identity card with SANAD (enrolment license of Bar Council of India)
  • Tax Identification card with tax return documents for past three years
  • Maintenance payment receipt for past one year (In family name)
  • Bank statement indicating the utility bill payments 

Kindly give your inputs to answer these queries correctly. 

• 1 month later...

Archived