H4 to F1 COS

student_f1status

Hi all

Need your suggestions 

I am on H4 and applied for COS(studying in a State university); waiting for my COS decision but my next semester is starting on 
Jan 27th, so when I consulted my University DOS she mentioned that if i don't get my COS done before this spring (jan27th) semester starting date my SEVIS will be deferred for next(fall) semester and i will be considered as F1 from next(fall) semester. so my questions are

1. what if i get COS done in month of February (h4 status will get changed to F1); so as F1 student i am entitled to take 9 
credits, but as my cos is not done i am planning to take 6 credits in next(spring) semester, does that create any problem to me.

2. As mentioned above if my DOS defers the start date in SEVIS records will that effect my COS.

3. Is there a way to expedite the COS process by calling USCIS call center.

Advance thanks for your suggestions.

Hi all

Need your suggestions 

I am on H4 and applied for COS(studying in a State university); waiting for my COS decision but my next semester is starting on 

Jan 27th, so when I consulted my University DOS she mentioned that if i don't get my COS done before this spring (jan27th) semester starting date my SEVIS will be deferred for next(fall) semester and i will be considered as F1 from next(fall) semester. so my questions are

1. what if i get COS done in month of February (h4 status will get changed to F1); so as F1 student i am entitled to take 9 

credits, but as my cos is not done i am planning to take 6 credits in next(spring) semester, does that create any problem to me.

2. As mentioned above if my DOS defers the start date in SEVIS records will that effect my COS.

3. Is there a way to expedite the COS process by calling USCIS call center.

Advance thanks for your suggestions.

You can exit and enter US with an F1 visa.

Archived