Desperately need help!!!!!!

SeekingH1B

Guys, I'm in a desperate situation. I have been working in an University on cap-exempt H1B since 2010. I converted to H1B from OPT in 2011. The date of expiration for H1 B was June 2014. In november 2013, my supervisor told me that his grant proposals could not receive the funding and he has no money to support me in future. He cannot extend my H1B and furthermore, he could support me only till Jan 2014. It happened so suddenly, I negotiated with him and amended my H1B for part-time work (60% work load). Now I'm working part-time and H1-B is valid till 30th April 2014 only. I'm in a big dilemma.

1. The only option seems to be shifting to another cap-exempt H1B soon. But that would mean getting stuck into the same cycle again. 

2. If I somehow find an employer who would file H1B for me on 1 April 2014, what would the situation be?

- can I start working immediately after filing the H1-B?

- from whatever I have read on the forum, if concurrent H1B is filed, I can start working, but since my H1B expires on 30th April, I'll have to stop immediately, leave USA, stamp H1B and come back to start on 1st October. Is this right?

-  Is there any way for me to stay in USA after filing H1B on 1st April?

3. What is the difference between concurrent H1B and H1B transfer?

Guys, I'm really in a dire situation, I need to decide whether I should look for jobs here or concentrate my efforts totally in India. I'm in a pharma field, So I don't have much flexibility about jobs.

Please, please help!!!

Guys, I'm in a desperate situation. I have been working in an University on cap-exempt H1B since 2010. I converted to H1B from OPT in 2011. The date of expiration for H1 B was June 2014. In november 2013, my supervisor told me that his grant proposals could not receive the funding and he has no money to support me in future. He cannot extend my H1B and furthermore, he could support me only till Jan 2014. It happened so suddenly, I negotiated with him and amended my H1B for part-time work (60% work load). Now I'm working part-time and H1-B is valid till 30th April 2014 only. I'm in a big dilemma.

1. The only option seems to be shifting to another cap-exempt H1B soon. But that would mean getting stuck into the same cycle again. 

2. If I somehow find an employer who would file H1B for me on 1 April 2014, what would the situation be?

- can I start working immediately after filing the H1-B?

- from whatever I have read on the forum, if concurrent H1B is filed, I can start working, but since my H1B expires on 30th April, I'll have to stop immediately, leave USA, stamp H1B and come back to start on 1st October. Is this right?

-  Is there any way for me to stay in USA after filing H1B on 1st April?

3. What is the difference between concurrent H1B and H1B transfer?

Guys, I'm really in a dire situation, I need to decide whether I should look for jobs here or concentrate my efforts totally in India. I'm in a pharma field, So I don't have much flexibility about jobs.

Please, please help!!!

Using AC21 provision you can start working for new employer till your cap subject H1B petition is approved. Once cap subject H1B petition is approved you would have to leave and enter US 10 days before your start date.

Archived