Pleading guilty to a Speeding Ticket at a Traffic Court

immilkgukg

Hi,

I was charged with speeding in CA. The fine was huge. So I went to Traffic Court and plead guilty. The judege reduced the fine.

My question is, since I plead guilty at a traffic court should I mention this in DS-160, I-485 and other immigration related forms?

Is pleading guilty at a Criminal court and a traffic court is same?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was given a traffic citation ticket for misdemeanor speeding . So, I wont be able to pay the ticket online but will need to go to court.I hired a traffic lawyer for this. He said that either my speeding charge would be reduced to a petty offence speeding or I will be allowed court supervision and then the misdemeanor speeding will not appear on record. I see many answers related to DUI, CIMT but haven't been able to find any answers related to how I should answer a question related to my issue when I fill up my I 485 AOS application ?

How should I answer (Have you ever been cited, charged,......for violating any ordinance other than traffic violations?)

For a lay man like me this seems to be a traffic violation..but if I start googling ..I am no longer sure if it is a traffic violation or not ?.

Please advise.

Its so confusing. I am not sure what to do. Has anybody else been in my position and applied for AOS ?What did you respond to this question and what was the result.

• 8 months later...

Archived