Reason for PERM denial & options

gandhean

Hello,

I have completed 6 yrs. on H1 and my PERM (EB3) was filled in 5th year. After lot of follow up with company attorney, I came to know that my case is with BALCA.

Questions

• How can I find out why my case was denied by CO?
    • Company folks and lawyer are not at all helpful
  • What option I have while waiting for my BALCA decision is pending
    • Switching from EB3 to EB2
    • Switching employer

Note: My current 1 yr. H1 extension expires in October 2014.

Thanks in advance,

Ani

As perm is internal to company, they are not legally binded to share those details with you, but mostly denial was for the reason not specific to you but how your company filed (position/ad/documentation)

BALCA is another blackbox with long wait time. But till its with balca you can keep extending your h1b for 1yr.

You company can initiate another PERM for you in parallel, but for different position.

You can switch employer, but you will get only 1 yr of h1b, and you cannot be sure they will file perm on very first day, if they, good for you.

As perm is internal to company, they are not legally binded to share those details with you, but mostly denial was for the reason not specific to you but how your company filed (position/ad/documentation)

BALCA is another blackbox with long wait time. But till its with balca you can keep extending your h1b for 1yr.

You company can initiate another PERM for you in parallel, but for different position.

You can switch employer, but you will get only 1 yr of h1b, and you cannot be sure they will file perm on very first day, if they, good for you.

Thank You.

Archived