Successful Stamping in Matamoros!

alladi333

Hello all, 

I would like to thank Murthy forum and all the contributors to this forum for sharing their experiences which are very useful.

This is my H1B extension stamping, I went to Calgary for my first time stamping, click on the link to find my experience detailed.

I have carried all the documents mentioned in my other post (link above.)

Most of them say we don't need a Mexico visa to go for stamping, but i don't want to take any chances, and it was a simple process depending on the consulate you visit, it is 2 to 3 hours to a day process, here are the documents required:

List of Mexican consulates (Link)

1. I 797.

2. Last six month's bank statements.

3. Last six month's pay stubs.

4. Valid passport expiry date at least six months later.

5. Application form.

Once I got my Mexican visa and interview appointment scheduled. I booked a hotel room at Best Western hotel Plaza Matamoros, (google it to find) and the manager over is kind and nice person to pick me up from Brownsville to the hotel. The visa stamping is a two day process in Mexico, first day it is about finger printing which cannot be scheduled on the same day as the interview, once the finger printing is done the interview was the next day. My interview was scheduled at 10:00 am, but the person at ASC informed that I can go for the interview an hour early. So I started 9:00 am, after initial security check was given a token and I was asked to wait, and with in 5 minutes my number appeared on the display where they checked my passport and I 797, and asked wait and this time it was just a couple of minutes, I was called at another window for the interview, here are the questions:

Me: Greetings.

VO: Greetings.

VO: Where do you live?

Me: City, State

VO: Is this your first time Visa?

Me: (I had my passport extended, but passed only the new one) explained I had my passport extended and passed my old passport.

VO: Do you work for ABC Company?

Me: Yes I do.

VO: Did you work for XYZ before?

Me: NO, I have never worked for them.

VO was looking up at something.

VO: what is you pay?

Me: $$$

VO: Do you have your 2012 Tax returns?

Me: Yes I do and passed on the documents.

VO just glanced at it and kept it aside.

VO: I see you went Dublin recently.

Me: No, It's not me.

VO: Is you name common? Smiled

Me: Yes it is, smiled.

VO: What is your role?

Me: explained what I do and what are my responsibilities.

VO: Client details and what do you do?

Me: explained.

VO: What do they do?

Me: explained.

VO passed on all the documents and mentioned your visa is approved and hopefully you can collect it today by 2:30 pm or tomorrow.

It took around 5 minutes and altogether 30 minutes from in and out of consulate, went back to the hotel checked out and picked up the passport at 3:30 pm and headed to the border, as it was little busy and it took about 2 hours to get the i94 and enter US. all the transportation from Brownsville to Hotel, Hotel to ASC, Hotel to Consulate and shopping and visiting mall in Matamoros was provided by hotel manager Mr.Salvador, he is a very nice person and took care of us and showed us around and for the food, we tried a restaurant it was very nice to Mexican food in Mexico. There is a restaurant down stairs which is owned by the same hotel and food was delicious and the service is amazing.

Please post If you have questions, I will be pleased to provide you with the information I know.

**Please do not conclude or assume anything from this post, It is solely my experience.**

Good Luck!

Thanks reply. 

In Mexico Visa Requirement check list. They have mentioned two letters from employer.

1. Letter of verification of employment  - ( I have this letter )

2. Letter from employer with letterhead.  I'm not getting what it is. Can you help me to understand it & what i need to ask my employer OR any link to sample letter.

Thanks reply. 

In Mexico Visa Requirement check list. They have mentioned two letters from employer.

1. Letter of verification of employment  - ( I have this letter )

2. Letter from employer with letterhead.  I'm not getting what it is. Can you help me to understand it & what i need to ask my employer OR any link to sample letter.

You don't need any Employment verification letter, I797 is sufficient. 

• 3 months later...

Congrats! Do you know anyone who is going for stamping  to matamoros in May. Did you go on your own or did you use any service center to guide you on scheduling for hotel, travel pickups and guidance. I am planning to go with my family, is this a good option. let me know hows the process right now.

Archived