L2 EAD while on sabbatical leave with Indian Company

sumaus

hi,

Currently I am on L2 Visa and I have taken sabbatical leave from the company back in India and I would like to apply for EAD and take up freelancing.

My questions / concerns are as follows

- is there any risk applying for L2 EAD as I am on sabbatical leave with Indian company?

- I have my approved H1B Extension however I traveled on L2 due to personal reasons.

Let me know if apply for L2 EAD my extension (H1) go void?

- my husband will be applying for H1 this year and after approval when we apply for change of status and automatically my L2 EAD will go void or I should submit any other docs with USCIS?

Regards

Suma

hi,

Currently I am on L2 Visa and I have taken sabbatical leave from the company back in India and I would like to apply for EAD and take up freelancing.

My questions / concerns are as follows

- is there any risk applying for L2 EAD as I am on sabbatical leave with Indian company?

- I have my approved H1B Extension however I traveled on L2 due to personal reasons.

Let me know if apply for L2 EAD my extension (H1) go void?

- my husband will be applying for H1 this year and after approval when we apply for change of status and automatically my L2 EAD will go void or I should submit any other docs with USCIS?

Regards

Suma

1. Depends on your contract with employer in India.

2. No.

3. Once your spouse moves to H1B your L2 status is void. You have to move to H4.

Archived