H1-B to H4: i-539 missing payment

Ajax57

Hello,

I shipped all the required documentation along with i-539 requesting a change of status from H1-B to H4, but realized later that it is missing payment check.

The general processing rules state that any application sent without payment would be rejected. But, it may take upto a month before I receive the rejection notice.

To save time, I am planning on sending a second application with payment attaching a letter stating that this is a duplicate application with payment as the first one was  missing payment.

Is there any problem in doing this?

I received conflicting answers from uscis agents, one of them asking me to wait until I receive the reject and other asking me to send a second one with letter.

Hello,

I shipped all the required documentation along with i-539 requesting a change of status from H1-B to H4, but realized later that it is missing payment check.

The general processing rules state that any application sent without payment would be rejected. But, it may take upto a month before I receive the rejection notice.

To save time, I am planning on sending a second application with payment attaching a letter stating that this is a duplicate application with payment as the first one was  missing payment.

Is there any problem in doing this?

I received conflicting answers from uscis agents, one of them asking me to wait until I receive the reject and other asking me to send a second one with letter.

You can send it if you do not want to lose time as you know from USCIS website that your previous application without payment will be rejected.

Archived