H1B Transfer - Got an RFE - Help Required.

H1BTransfer31

HI,

I am currently working for a company A(Small Consulting company) and got my H1-B Approved and valid till Aug 2016. Last month I got an offer from a company B(Big4 Consulting company) and they had initiated my H1B Visa transfer via premium processing. Unfortunately my H1B Transfer petition got an RFE and Company B Is still working on documents. Not sure what exact documents USCIS has asked for though(As company B hasn’t yet shared the details with me).

Please find more details about the petition below.

Date Petition Applied: Dec 23,2013

Date USCIS Received: Dec 27,2013 (Acceptance)

RFE Date: Jan 7,2014.

Questions:

1)      How long does USCIS take to process after receiving required documents from Company B?. Sharing any Experiences/information would be appreciable.

2)      I have to travel outside USA in March,2014 for my marriage. I would require a H1B visa Stamping, as this is my first H1B Approval. My questions is, If Company B responds back to RFE by January end and USCIS take an additional 15 days for processing and my joining date with company B ends up sometime in Mid February. Is it fine If I go to attend H1B visa stamping in INDIA with only one pay stub from Company B and rest all from Company A.

3)      Can I plan to attend visa stamping interview in CANADA through Company A sometime soon, while my H1B Transfer with Company B is in RFE status?  What would be the circumstances?. Any information/Experiences would be appreciable.

Thank you!

1. 15days in PP

2. Yes you can

3. Are you still with A. If yes then you can attend visa interview.

Thank you very much rahul.

Yes I am still with Company A. I have few more questions:

1) If I plan to attend a visa interview in CANADA through Company A, does visa officers be knowing about my H1B transfer with company B and also it is pending in RFE status?.

2) Also I have read somewhere that, If I get my visa stamped through Company A, while H1B Transfer is still pending. would the H1B transfer go invalid(I meant will not be approved or cancelled). is it true?.Any Idea about this?

Thank you!

Thank you very much rahul.

Yes I am still with Company A. I have few more questions:

1) If I plan to attend a visa interview in CANADA through Company A, does visa officers be knowing about my H1B transfer with company B and also it is pending in RFE status?.

2) Also I have read somewhere that, If I get my visa stamped through Company A, while H1B Transfer is still pending. would the H1B transfer go invalid(I meant will not be approved or cancelled). is it true?.Any Idea about this?

Thank you!

1. I think they might know.

2. No that's not true, that's up to you whether you wanna join B or not??

Archived