New H1B filing Travel outside US

rnirmal

I am currently in US ,arrived on 21st Dec 2013 on L2 visa.I have an I94 valid upto 2016.I want to process my H1b in this year quota

I have some unfinished work in India,and hence I have to travel to India. I have booked my return tickets to US on April 9th 2014. My question is

If I apply for H1b and it gets selected, does it mean that I need to have a H1b stamping at port of entry.Please note that my arrival date in US is april 9th 2014.It will only be about 2-3 days after the lottery.What complications can arise in this situation.

A lot of my friends are asking me to come before April 1st.Does it help to pre-pone my tickets just before April 1st,if so,how?

Kindly help.

Thanks 

Sandhya

I am currently in US ,arrived on 21st Dec 2013 on L2 visa.I have an I94 valid upto 2016.I want to process my H1b in this year quota

I have some unfinished work in India,and hence I have to travel to India. I have booked my return tickets to US on April 9th 2014. My question is

If I apply for H1b and it gets selected, does it mean that I need to have a H1b stamping at port of entry.Please note that my arrival date in US is april 9th 2014.It will only be about 2-3 days after the lottery.What complications can arise in this situation.

A lot of my friends are asking me to come before April 1st.Does it help to pre-pone my tickets just before April 1st,if so,how?

Kindly help.

Thanks 

Sandhya

If you travel before a decision is made on your H1B petition and if your H1B gets approved your change of status will get denied due to travel. In that case to be on H1B status from 1st Oct 2014 you need to exit and enter US with a H1B visa.

Archived