H-1B Transfer is in Process(No receipt yet), Valid H1B from previous company, Can I travel outside USA?

Raj Marthy

Hi Folks,

I have a question for you all, regarding which I need your suggestions and expert advices.

I am currently with company A on valid H1 B. I got a new job offer from company B, and the new company has very recently(two days) started my H1B Visa transfer process. And they are saying I might get the visa transfer receipt by Jan 22nd(speculation though). 

Now I want to travel outside US(to UK) before I join the new company(probably before i get the receipt on Jan 22nd, as I am simply wasting my vacation here :)).

1)So I want to know if I can travel outside US or not when my H1B visa transfer is in process?

Or

What is the good time to travel outside US before I join the new company?

2)What care should I take while coming back to US?

Any help is highly appreciated and sooner the better, as it helps in spending more time in UK :)

Thanks in advance,

-Raj Marthy

Hi Folks,

I have a question for you all, regarding which I need your suggestions and expert advices.

I am currently with company A on valid H1 B. I got a new job offer from company B, and the new company has very recently(two days) started my H1B Visa transfer process. And they are saying I might get the visa transfer receipt by Jan 22nd(speculation though). 

Now I want to travel outside US(to UK) before I join the new company(probably before i get the receipt on Jan 22nd, as I am simply wasting my vacation here :)).

1)So I want to know if I can travel outside US or not when my H1B visa transfer is in process?

Or

What is the good time to travel outside US before I join the new company?

2)What care should I take while coming back to US?

Any help is highly appreciated and sooner the better, as it helps in spending more time in UK :)

Thanks in advance,

-Raj Marthy

1. Yes, you can travel.

2. If you have left employer A before your travel and want to rerun back to US to work for employer B then at POE you need to show your new employer's I797 approval notice.

Archived