Running bonus

rvsatish

Hi friends,

My question is ..

My employer is running bonus every month.According to my LCA my pay is $66k($5500/month).I work on the percentage basis.I'm receiving the same amount in what is mentioned in the LCA that is $5500 /month He is running the the remaining amount as bonus which in the pay-stub is a tax deductible amount.

But my question is what if the Visa officer asks me "why is your employer running this much(amount - let us the say $2000) amount of money as bonus every month?"

Any input is much appreciated guys.

Thank you.

Hi friends,

My question is ..

My employer is running bonus every month.According to my LCA my pay is $66k($5500/month).I work on the percentage basis.I'm receiving the same amount in what is mentioned in the LCA that is $5500 /month He is running the the remaining amount as bonus which in the pay-stub is a tax deductible amount.

But my question is what if the Visa officer asks me "why is your employer running this much(amount - let us the say $2000) amount of money as bonus every month?"

Thank you.

Bonus is not a tax deductible amount, as long you are paying taxes on that amount it should be fine. it is abosulutly fine to get paid more than LCA amount and also to pay taxes on it, if this the case then there are very few chances of VO asking you to explain bonus, chances are VO might not ask you at all.

But if your employer is paying you as reimbursement to avoid taxes, then you must be ready to face the consequences and justify it accordingly.

Again, always tell the truth. Contact and immigration attorney and discuss you case thoroughly.

Thanks,

Areddy.

Hi friends,

My question is ..

Thank you.

Dude..... Don't tell % concept to VO.....you might get into trouble....

running bonus is upto to the Employer. You can say you met project deadlines and your employer is impressed with that, so he is running bonus( which is taxable amount). You can show weekly status reports if VO asks.

Please read the earlier posts before replying.

DO NOT LIE DURING THE VISA INTERVIEW. Do you understand what's mean by that??

Thank you friends for all your input .I asked my employer and he said that "Your base salary is $66K/year. You also qualify for discretionary bonus that company pays.  You are paid a bonus at the discretion of the management for good performance."

So i can say that i met all the project deadlines and based on this good performance as per the contract you will receive the bonus as long as i meet the project deadlines ?

Thank you friends for all your input .I asked my employer and he said that "Your base salary is $66K/year. You also qualify for discretionary bonus that company pays.  You are paid a bonus at the discretion of the management for good performance."

So i can say that i met all the project deadlines and based on this good performance as per the contract you will receive the bonus as long as i meet the project deadlines ?

You have to tell the truth, don't say "can I....".

No, you can NOT.

You can ONLY state the truth.

What is so hard to understand about that???

Archived