221G H1B approved during H4 interview

your_suf

Hi All,

I appeared for H1B Visa interview on 10th Dec, Interview went great. V.O asked for offer letter, job related questions and family related questions. He said Visa is approved and asked to collect passport in 2 days. After 2 days on 12th Dec my passport was ready for pickup. 

When picked up the passport, it didn't had any visa stamped. Instead there was white 221G slip attached inside passport. They did not asked me submit any paperwork, Just had a check-marked on "Your case needs additional processing before final decision can be made"

I waited for 3-4 weeks, but no update on my case so decided to go for H4.

Went for H4 interview on 8th Jan, but I didn't withdraw my H1B processing. This is how it went....VO was lady.

Me - Good Morning

VO - Good Morning, Passport please....What is your purpose for interview today?

Me - For dependent visa.

VO - She looked for a min into the system and asked, Have a recently applied for visa?

Me - Same category or different?

VO - Any

Me - Yes, I had interview for H1B exactly a month ago here, but its in administrative processing. I waited for 3 weeks, but cannot stay any longer here as my wife and kids are alone there.

VO - But you cannot apply for another visa when you already have one in processing. Either you withdraw your H1B process and continue with H4 interview or wait for H1B and drop H4 process. And even if you ahead with H4, there is no chance that you will the Visa right away and it might take same amount of time as for your H1 processing. If you stay with H1 process you might get that faster.

Then some another lady came and they both started chatting about my case.....I could barely here them as she muted the mic....My mind was going blind at that moment.....What should I do now..and the she asked.

VO - So what have you decided, Withdraw or Continue ?

Me - Well this is very difficult decision for me, I have no idea how long the H1B will take to get approved, But as you mentioned H4 might take same amount of time. So I would rather go for H1 then...I might get than faster than H4.

VO - Yes, that's for sure, So you are withdrawing your H4 and continue with H1 process.

Me - Yes, I guess that's the only best option I have.

VO - She started typing into the system.

Me - So, this H4 will be a rejection or what?

VO - hmmmmm, Well it won't be a rejection, as we cannot reject someone for H4 visa. It will go in admin process.

Me - Ok.(I took few secs pause, looked here and there and told her). The only reason I came to H4 was I need to get back to my family at the moment. My Wife is working and taking care of kids all by herself.

VO - Looked at my face and said let me see something, Took a min and asked....are you travelling anywhere this weekend?

Me - No

VO - Can you leave your passport here today

Me - Yea, Sure

VO - Well, you know what....I am approving your H1 visa and you will get back your passport within next 2 days.

Me - (I went on 7th cloud and told her with big smlie). Thank you so much.

VO - No problem (with smile) and she started typing into the system.

Me - Can I ask you a question?

VO - Sure

Me - When I had my H1 interview, VO told me that my visa is approved during interview, but when I received the passport after 2 days, It didn't had the visa stamped but had 221G attached instead.

VO - Well it happens sometimes, The VO finds something into the system after you leave the counter and puts into administrative process.

Me - Ok

VO - Well you are done now and you will be getting your passport with Visa stamped this time.

Me - Thank you so much again, You made my day :)

That's how my interview was and wanted to share with you all. I went for H4 and came out with H1. I still don't believe how it happened.

Got my passport with visa stamped on 10th Jan :)

Good luck to all who are in Admin Process....If you have any other option available, give a try....Go for it.....Anything thing can happen :)

Hi All,

I appeared for H1B Visa interview on 10th Dec, Interview went great. V.O asked for offer letter, job related questions and family related questions. He said Visa is approved and asked to collect passport in 2 days. After 2 days on 12th Dec my passport was ready for pickup. 

When picked up the passport, it didn't had any visa stamped. Instead there was white 221G slip attached inside passport. They did not asked me submit any paperwork, Just had a check-marked on "Your case needs additional processing before final decision can be made"

I waited for 3-4 weeks, but no update on my case so decided to go for H4.

Went for H4 interview on 8th Jan, but I didn't withdraw my H1B processing. This is how it went....VO was lady.

Me - Good Morning

VO - Good Morning, Passport please....What is your purpose for interview today?

Me - For dependent visa.

VO - She looked for a min into the system and asked, Have a recently applied for visa?

Me - Same category or different?

VO - Any

Me - Yes, I had interview for H1B exactly a month ago here, but its in administrative processing. I waited for 3 weeks, but cannot stay any longer here as my wife and kids are alone there.

VO - But you cannot apply for another visa when you already have one in processing. Either you withdraw your H1B process and continue with H4 interview or wait for H1B and drop H4 process. And even if you ahead with H4, there is no chance that you will the Visa right away and it might take same amount of time as for your H1 processing. If you stay with H1 process you might get that faster.

Then some another lady came and they both started chatting about my case.....I could barely here them as she muted the mic....My mind was going blind at that moment.....What should I do now..and the she asked.

VO - So what have you decided, Withdraw or Continue ?

Me - Well this is very difficult decision for me, I have no idea how long the H1B will take to get approved, But as you mentioned H4 might take same amount of time. So I would rather go for H1 then...I might get than faster than H4.

VO - Yes, that's for sure, So you are withdrawing your H4 and continue with H1 process.

Me - Yes, I guess that's the only best option I have.

VO - She started typing into the system.

Me - So, this H4 will be a rejection or what?

VO - hmmmmm, Well it won't be a rejection, as we cannot reject someone for H4 visa. It will go in admin process.

Me - Ok.(I took few secs pause, looked here and there and told her). The only reason I came to H4 was I need to get back to my family at the moment. My Wife is working and taking care of kids all by herself.

VO - Looked at my face and said let me see something, Took a min and asked....are you travelling anywhere this weekend?

Me - No

VO - Can you leave your passport here today

Me - Yea, Sure

VO - Well, you know what....I am approving your H1 visa and you will get back your passport within next 2 days.

Me - (I went on 7th cloud and told her with big smlie). Thank you so much.

VO - No problem (with smile) and she started typing into the system.

Me - Can I ask you a question?

VO - Sure

Me - When I had my H1 interview, VO told me that my visa is approved during interview, but when I received the passport after 2 days, It didn't had the visa stamped but had 221G attached instead.

VO - Well it happens sometimes, The VO finds something into the system after you leave the counter and puts into administrative process.

Me - Ok

VO - Well you are done now and you will be getting your passport with Visa stamped this time.

Me - Thank you so much again, You made my day :)

That's how my interview was and wanted to share with you all. I went for H4 and came out with H1. I still don't believe how it happened.

Got my passport with visa stamped on 10th Jan :)

Good luck to all who are in Admin Process....If you have any other option available, give a try....Go for it.....Anything thing can happen :)

thats awesome to here.....

a life time experience...

Archived