B2 Visa for widowed mother in law - Need Urgent help guys ...

ilovebayarea

Hi All,

I am on H1B Visa and my GC got applied 2 years back and my wife is on H4 Visa. Currently my wife is in Europe and working on an assignment from last 5 months (She joined her employer 10 months back in india and got onsite opportunity in europe). My wife's original mother had died when my wife was 13 years. My wife got her second mother as her dad married another women to support kids and unfortunately my wife's dad passed away in 2010. 

My wife's original birth certificate and passport has her 1st mother's name and not current mother's name. We want to apply b2 visa for my mother in law and would like to know as to what documentation does my mother in law need in order to get her visa processed successfully. Please advise... also shall i sponsor her or she can do it on her own . .she has a car and house on her name and working as a lecturer in public college with 40,000 per month income.

also .. please confirm if it is ok to apply tourist visa for my MIL when my wife is in europe ...

NOTE: I just did my mother's (widowed) tourist visa approved and was very smooth .. my mother didnt even carried my birth certificate.. 

Please advise guys !!

regards,

rahul

Hi All,

I am on H1B Visa and my GC got applied 2 years back and my wife is on H4 Visa. Currently my wife is in Europe and working on an assignment from last 5 months (She joined her employer 10 months back in india and got onsite opportunity in europe). My wife's original mother had died when my wife was 13 years. My wife got her second mother as her dad married another women to support kids and unfortunately my wife's dad passed away in 2010. 

My wife's original birth certificate and passport has her 1st mother's name and not current mother's name. We want to apply b2 visa for my mother in law and would like to know as to what documentation does my mother in law need in order to get her visa processed successfully. Please advise... also shall i sponsor her or she can do it on her own . .she has a car and house on her name and working as a lecturer in public college with 40,000 per month income.

also .. please confirm if it is ok to apply tourist visa for my MIL when my wife is in europe ...

NOTE: I just did my mother's (widowed) tourist visa approved and was very smooth .. my mother didnt even carried my birth certificate.. 

Please advise guys !!

regards,

rahul

There is no sponsorship for visitor visa. It would be better for her to apply based on her credentials. She has to convince VO that she has strong ties to home country and intend to return back. You could provide an invitation letter and affidavit of support.

10 views and not response... guys i need serious help from you !!

My MIL is widowed and i don't have my FIL ... another problem is my MIL doesn't have marriage certificate :( :( ... and now marriage certificate cannot be made as my FIL is nor more ... 

1. I would like to know what options my MIL has now as she not show her relation with my wife since my MIL's marriage certificate is not there.. Can she apply for a tourist visa on her own and show that she is visiting friends in USA??? Please advise.
2. How much bank balance is needed in her account so that she can apply a tourist visa ?? She has a flat on her name worth 50 lacs and a bank balance of around 15-20 lacs. (6-7 Lacs is per annum income)
3. My wife is working in europe ... what answer should my MIL give to VO when he/she asks as to where my wife is??? Since she is not in USA will it be an issue during interview?? Please advise ...
4. VO might ask my MIL if there are any relatives in USA... what should she answer?? does she needs someone to be in USA to go to or she can just go to usa for 100% tourist aspect ... with no relatives in USA (which will not be true as i am here in USA).

Regards,

Rahul

10 views and not response... guys i need serious help from you !!

My MIL is widowed and i don't have my FIL ... another problem is my MIL doesn't have marriage certificate :( :( ... and now marriage certificate cannot be made as my FIL is nor more ... 

1. I would like to know what options my MIL has now as she not show her relation with my wife since my MIL's marriage certificate is not there.. Can she apply for a tourist visa on her own and show that she is visiting friends in USA??? Please advise.

2. How much bank balance is needed in her account so that she can apply a tourist visa ?? She has a flat on her name worth 50 lacs and a bank balance of around 15-20 lacs. (6-7 Lacs is per annum income)

3. My wife is working in europe ... what answer should my MIL give to VO when he/she asks as to where my wife is??? Since she is not in USA will it be an issue during interview?? Please advise ...

4. VO might ask my MIL if there are any relatives in USA... what should she answer?? does she needs someone to be in USA to go to or she can just go to usa for 100% tourist aspect ... with no relatives in USA (which will not be true as i am here in USA).

Regards,

Rahul

1. Visitor visa to US does not need any sponsorship or relatives in US to be successful.

2. No specific amount. What she has is good enough.

3. Answer the truth.

4. Refer 3 and 1.

1. She is applying for visiting. Isn't she???

2. Their is no bank balance concept for visiting visa. She should convince vo that she will come back  after the vacation

3. Truth

4.Again, truth is the answer. Yes a person can visit US though he/she doesn't have any relatives in US.

Hi Jairichi,

Please find below my inline response.

1. Visitor visa to US does not need any sponsorship or relatives in US to be successful.

[Rahul] :What should she respond to VO when asked as to where she will be staying and with whom she will be going to USA? This will be her first travel out of india .. Can she says that she will travel with Thomas cook tours with her daughter (My wife who is in india) and i will join them once they reach in usa.. is it ok to say this to VO? Does she need documentation from Thomas Cook tours to show that she will be going with tours only?

[Rahul] - Thanks, will try to have atleast 15-20 lacs.

3. Answer the truth.

4. Refer 3 and 1.

Regards,

Rahul

Hi Jairichi,

Please find below my inline response.

[Rahul] :What should she respond to VO when asked as to where she will be staying and with whom she will be going to USA? This will be her first travel out of india .. Can she says that she will travel with Thomas cook tours with her daughter (My wife who is in india) and i will join them once they reach in usa.. is it ok to say this to VO? Does she need documentation from Thomas Cook tours to show that she will be going with tours only?

[Rahul] - Thanks, will try to have atleast 15-20 lacs.

3. Answer the truth.

4. Refer 3 and 1.

Regards,

Rahul

1. If your mother-in-law is going to stay with you she can always tell VO the same. Nothing wrong. But, if she is making specific plans for her trip through a travel or tourist agent it is better for her to carry a print out of the proposed itinerary. As always said before she has to answer the truth.

2. Money in bank account is not the only factor. As previous responses said your MIL should be able to convince VO that she has strong ties back in home country and that she intends to travel back after her proposed visit.

If needed take the help of a good immigration attorney to help your MIL.

If that's the truth then she has to show the proper documents from that Thomas Cook tours.

Whatever it is, she has to tell the truth. Their nothing like "Can she say.....", she has to tell the truth.

Hi Jairichi/t75/rahul412,

I agree with you ... whatever the case is only truth should be shared with VO ...i have couple of more queries for you as mentioned below

1. If your mother-in-law is going to stay with you she can always tell VO the same. Nothing wrong. But, if she is making specific plans for her trip through a travel or tourist agent it is better for her to carry a print out of the proposed itinerary. As always said before she has to answer the truth.

[Rahul]: Yes, my MIL will stay with me so i will mention my address in DS-160 form. She will make get the ticket herself and not from a travel/tourist agency as it doesnt change the chances of getting visa. Do i need to give any documents from my end to my MIL as i am not sponsoring her trip and she will be writing my name for the section relatives in USA and address of stay in USA. Do i need to send my electricity bill or internet bill which will prove that i am a resident of california ?? My offer letter ...h1b etc ... (I did all this when i sponsored my mother last year .. that's why asking this)..

2. Money in bank account is not the only factor. As previous responses said your MIL should be able to convince VO that she has strong ties back in home country and that she intends to travel back after her proposed visit.

[Rahul]: Yes, that's correct i will update her about the same before interview to let VO know that she has to join back her college in india after USA vaccation .. may be she can get a letter from college with dates to join back ....most important point is to show ties ... 

[Rahul]: Will definitely take the help from attorney in case i am not able to handle this complicated case...thanks

Regards,

Rahul

Hi Jairichi/t75/rahul412,

I agree with you ... whatever the case is only truth should be shared with VO ...i have couple of more queries for you as mentioned below

[Rahul]: Yes, my MIL will stay with me so i will mention my address in DS-160 form. She will make get the ticket herself and not from a travel/tourist agency as it doesnt change the chances of getting visa. Do i need to give any documents from my end to my MIL as i am not sponsoring her trip and she will be writing my name for the section relatives in USA and address of stay in USA. Do i need to send my electricity bill or internet bill which will prove that i am a resident of california ?? My offer letter ...h1b etc ... (I did all this when i sponsored my mother last year .. that's why asking this)..

[Rahul]: Yes, that's correct i will update her about the same before interview to let VO know that she has to join back her college in india after USA vaccation .. may be she can get a letter from college with dates to join back ....most important point is to show ties ... 

[Rahul]: Will definitely take the help from attorney in case i am not able to handle this complicated case...thanks

Regards,

Rahul

1. Yes, it is fine. About sending your documents, normally VOs do not ask about them. But, it does not hurt if she carries them. No requirement of electricity or internet bills. Better to have an invitation letter from you addressed to her and US consulate.

2. Yes, that will help for sure.

Archived