Delayed H1B visa amendment and visa stamping - Please help!

amshi

Hello everyone,

I entered US in March 2012 on H4 visa.My I-94 is dated Feb 2013. Transferred to L2 in December 2013.

Got my H1B approved through a sponsor in February 2013. Started working for client A in March 2013.

Client A is in a different state in US and my sponsor filed for H1B amendment in October 2013.

The amendment is in 'initial review' status currently. I need to go to India immediately and will have to do my visa stamping there.

1. How long will it take the amendment to get approved once it is in initial review stage? Is there any chance it will get approved by February?

2. Can I go to India and get the visa stamping done without H1B amendment approval(I dont have a valid I-94 and is based on H4)? Will the amendment receipt and client letter do the purpose?

3. I have plans to change my job/client (may be after 4 months). It could be in any state in USA. If my current amendment is approved and visa stamping is done by then, will I have to apply for a new amendment to comply with the job change? My current H1B is valid till September 2015.

4. If ever I change the job with current amendment still in progress will it be anyway affected ? Can I apply for another new H1B amendment? 

Appreciate your help. Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I entered US in March 2012 on H4 visa.My I-94 is dated Feb 2013. Transferred to L2 in December 2013.
Got my H1B approved through a sponsor in February 2013. Started working for client A in March 2013.
Client A is in a different state in US and my sponsor filed for H1B amendment in October 2013.
The amendment is in 'initial review' status currently. I need to go to India immediately and will have to do my visa stamping there.

1. How long will it take the amendment to get approved once it is in initial review stage? Is there any chance it will get approved by February?
2. Can I go to India and get the visa stamping done without H1B amendment approval(I dont have a valid I-94 and is based on H4)? Will the amendment receipt and client letter do the purpose?
3. I have plans to change my job/client (may be after 4 months). It could be in any state in USA. If my current amendment is approved and visa stamping is done by then, will I have to apply for a new amendment to comply with the job change? My current H1B is valid till September 2015.
4. If ever I change the job with current amendment still in progress will it be anyway affected ? Can I apply for another new H1B amendment? 

Appreciate your help. Thank you!

1. Possible. Ask employer's attorney.

2. No. If you do not have a valid I94 and on what status are you currently in US?

3. Yes, employer has to do that.

Archived