Question regarding H1 visa stamping documentation

bharathbits722

Hi Al,

I got my H1 approved in NY 2012 and i have my I-797 original for the H1 approval. In 2013 October, my company moved to a different location in NY. For this they applied an amendment to H1 for address change. They provided me the fee receipt notice from USCIS but my case is not yet approved for the current address. I have booked my visa interview in India in the 1st week of Feb 2014. 

Will my case be an issue if i still go with my H1 approval (with old address). Please provide your advice ASAP so i can reschedule my appointment before leaving US.

Thanks 

Hi Al,

I got my H1 approved in NY 2012 and i have my I-797 original for the H1 approval. In 2013 October, my company moved to a different location in NY. For this they applied an amendment to H1 for address change. They provided me the fee receipt notice from USCIS but my case is not yet approved for the current address. I have booked my visa interview in India in the 1st week of Feb 2014. 

Will my case be an issue if i still go with my H1 approval (with old address). Please provide your advice ASAP so i can reschedule my appointment before leaving US.

Thanks 

Yes, you would need an approval to go for interview. But, since it is a change of location shouldn't it just be LCA alone?

Yes, you would need an approval to go for interview. But, since it is a change of location shouldn't it just be LCA alone?

Sorry I dont know about it. Well they have amended for the site change and gave me the fee reciept. Should i ask for the LCA if they applied for me for this site change?

And what if they did not apply LCA and i go with the old LCA copy? Will this be an issue.?

Please advice.

Sorry I dont know about it. Well they have amended for the site change and gave me the fee reciept. Should i ask for the LCA if they applied for me for this site change?

And what if they did not apply LCA and i go with the old LCA copy? Will this be an issue.?

Please advice.

Since they applied for amendment for address change you should be fine. But, you would need its approval to go for interview and travel back. Talk to your employer's attorney.

Archived