OPT and H1 sponsorship

JC2012

Hello,

I am on OPT. I was contacted by a recruiter for a job opportunity, I was interviewed and employer made a job offer. During interview, I was requested to apply online for the same position. I applied for the position online. While filling application form, there were two questions about sponsorship:

1. Are you authorized to work in US? (yes/no). I answered yes.(AS I have EAD card)
  2. Will you now or in future require any kind of sponsorship? Answer: yes (As I will need H1 sponsorship in future after my OPT ends)

Now after they have made the offer, none of them (either recruiter or employer) is discussing about H1 sponsorship. So I am confused and not sure whether I should bring up these issue before finalizing. Or shall I discuss it after I accept the offer and join their organization. (Note: Recruiter has never asked me about the visa status).

Hello,

I am on OPT. I was contacted by a recruiter for a job opportunity, I was interviewed and employer made a job offer. During interview, I was requested to apply online for the same position. I applied for the position online. While filling application form, there were two questions about sponsorship:

1. Are you authorized to work in US? (yes/no). I answered yes.(AS I have EAD card)
  2. Will you now or in future require any kind of sponsorship? Answer: yes (As I will need H1 sponsorship in future after my OPT ends)

Now after they have made the offer, none of them (either recruiter or employer) is discussing about H1 sponsorship. So I am confused and not sure whether I should bring up these issue before finalizing. Or shall I discuss it after I accept the offer and join their organization. (Note: Recruiter has never asked me about the visa status).

You need to take it up with employer as recruiters cannot sponsor H1B visas.

Archived