EB3 to EB2

Hello friends,

I have a B.S (3 year degree) from India and had 10+ years of experience before joining my current employer. As of now my I-140 is approved in EB3 category for my current employer. The job description used for my labor was Bachelors + 8 yrs exp but they couldn't file in EB2 due to my 3 yr degree. 

I just completed my MS from an accredited US university while working with the current employer. Since the job description does not require Masters, so can my current employer file in EB2 using BS + 8 yrs exp and use my masters for substituting the missing year from BS?

Please assist, thanks.

Hello friends,

I have a B.S (3 year degree) from India and had 10+ years of experience before joining my current employer. As of now my I-140 is approved in EB3 category for my current employer. The job description used for my labor was Bachelors + 8 yrs exp but they couldn't file in EB2 due to my 3 yr degree. 

I just completed my MS from an accredited US university while working with the current employer. Since the job description does not require Masters, so can my current employer file in EB2 using BS + 8 yrs exp and use my masters for substituting the missing year from BS?

Please assist, thanks.

I guess degree or exp earned while working with your current employer doesn't count.

It may be possible, but it would depend on how the Labor Certification was drafted and if the proffered position is for a future position. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance in the analysis. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

It may be possible, but it would depend on how the Labor Certification was drafted and if the proffered position is for a future position. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance in the analysis. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Thanks.

Archived