DUI and Visa Stamping

sunny19831979

I pled guilty to a regular DUI (less than 0.08% BAC). I have completed all the requirements, jail time, ignition interlock device was removed about 2 months ago, all the classes/counseling, etc.

I am visiting India and I am wondering how does it affect my h1b visa stamping to come back to USA? Could my H1b visa be rejected because I was charged with DUI in July 2012?

This is the only criminal (misdemeanor) record I have and nothing else.

I pled guilty to a regular DUI (less than 0.08% BAC). I have completed all the requirements, jail time, ignition interlock device was removed about 2 months ago, all the classes/counseling, etc.

I am visiting India and I am wondering how does it affect my h1b visa stamping to come back to USA? Could my H1b visa be rejected because I was charged with DUI in July 2012?

Hey Sunny, email me your contact details, i can provide you some info on this. Please find my email info on my profile

How is it DUI when it is less than 0.08%? You would asked to undergo medical evaluation at a hospital after your visa interview and need to submit those reports. At POE you would be subject to secondary inspection.

If you are going to India for stamping that wouldn't be a problem. One of friend did the same and he got his visa stamped and came back to US

Hello Chintu,

Can you please share more details about your friends experience ( Stamping ,Interview , Documents taken etc).
I am preparing myself with as much as knowledge I can gather on this unfortunate incident. 

I have emailed you with my contact details, will it be ok if I call you sometime? 

Thanks,
Ravi

Hey Sunny, email me your contact details, i can provide you some info on this. Please find my email info on my profile

Hey Praveen,

Thanks for offering to help, I really appreciate it. Can you please provide more details? 
I have emailed you with contact details, Will it be ok if I call you sometime this week?

Thanks
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived