Travelling on H4 while H1b of same person under process

jigargaglani

Hello,

I am on a H1b visa and planning to marry soon. My fiance is in India and working for an Indian IT firm. There is a possibility that her company might go for her H1b and send her client side, but not sure yet. In case they do and we go for her H4 before she gets her approval on H1b or while it is under process in that case, is it okay for her to travel on H4 while her H1b might still be under process ?.

Hello,

I am on a H1b visa and planning to marry soon. My fiance is in India and working for an Indian IT firm. There is a possibility that her company might go for her H1b and send her client side, but not sure yet. In case they do and we go for her H4 before she gets her approval on H1b or while it is under process in that case, is it okay for her to travel on H4 while her H1b might still be under process ?.

Yes, it is fine to enter US with a H4 visa when her H1B is in progress. But, once her H1B gets approved and she wants to work for employer from 1st Oct either she has to exit and enter US with a H1B visa or employer again applies for COS to H1B and pay H1B fees.

Archived