DATV required for Expired H4 Indian Passport

aronitin

Hey All

I am travelling to India from US on Jan 21,with layover at London Heathrow for 6hrs. I am on H4 visa with valid I-797. My legal document is valid till June 30,2016, but my current H4 visa stamp is expired. I will get another stamp while coming back from India. Can I travel from US to India via Heathrow on Indian Passport without DATV.

Would appreciate any information.

Thanks!!!

Hey All

I am travelling to India from US on Jan 21,with layover at London Heathrow for 6hrs. I am on H4 visa with valid I-797. My legal document is valid till June 30,2016, but my current H4 visa stamp is expired. I will get another stamp while coming back from India. Can I travel from US to India via Heathrow on Indian Passport without DATV.

Would appreciate any information.

Thanks!!!

You would need a DATV to travel via UK unless you fulfill the following condition: Your valid I797 is no good as a substitute for a valid US visa.

"A valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country;

Your valid I797 is no good as a substitute for a valid US visa.

Archived