H4 student loan

aishteegala

Hi,

I am on H4 VISA admitted to a U.S University. My father proceeded to take a loan from an Indian Bank. Since I am on H4 visa and ineligible for an i-20 this semester the Bank denied the application stating that a loan can only be granted with a valid I20.

I did already submit an admission Letter to the bank and in the process of submitting the fee structure given by the University on a Letter Head(this is already not being considered).

Is there a way to get a loan granted from the bank without an I20 from an Indian Financial Institution. Please suggest

-Thanks

Hi,

I am on H4 VISA admitted to a U.S University. My father proceeded to take a loan from an Indian Bank. Since I am on H4 visa and ineligible for an i-20 this semester the Bank denied the application stating that a loan can only be granted with a valid I20.

I did already submit an admission Letter to the bank and in the process of submitting the fee structure given by the University on a Letter Head(this is already not being considered).

Is there a way to get a loan granted from the bank without an I20 from an Indian Financial Institution. Please suggest

-Thanks

Try to get a detailed official letter from your US university about the detailed breakdown of fees for your US education and also confirming your enrollment. Submit it to bank authorities. I do not know how far this will work.

Try a financial institution with whom he already has a relationship (and funds in the bank).  They are more likely concerned about repayment.

Why is your spouse not paying? As a highly paid H1B worker, he/she should be able to fund much without a loan if he/she has been working in the US for very long. Also, find a cheaper school if he/she cannot do so.

Archived