L2 EAD and I94

shyamalev8

Hi,
I am working in the U.S on L1B Blanket visa. Visa is valid until June 1, 2014. I94 is valid until September 2015. I have stayed in the U.S for a period of nearly 2 years. I am planning to go to India on vacation by Feb 1, 2014 and return by Feb 17, 2014. 

Since my visa is valid only until June 1, is there any chance that I will not be allowed to enter U.S back on Feb 17?

Will I be given I94 only until visa expiry date?

I am planning to bring my spouse here as my dependant on L2 and apply EAD for him. I understand that L2 visa expiry date will be based on L2 visa expiry date.So in this case, it will be June 1, 2014. If his EAD and I94 dates are greater than L2 visa expiry date, does that mean he can work in U.S until both I94 and EAD ends? Or should he go back to India once L2 visa expires?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I am working in the U.S on L1B Blanket visa. Visa is valid until June 1, 2014. I94 is valid until September 2015. I have stayed in the U.S for a period of nearly 2 years. I am planning to go to India on vacation by Feb 1, 2014 and return by Feb 17, 2014. 

Since my visa is valid only until June 1, is there any chance that I will not be allowed to enter U.S back on Feb 17?

Will I be given I94 only until visa expiry date?

I am planning to bring my spouse here as my dependant on L2 and apply EAD for him. I understand that L2 visa expiry date will be based on L2 visa expiry date.So in this case, it will be June 1, 2014. If his EAD and I94 dates are greater than L2 visa expiry date, does that mean he can work in U.S until both I94 and EAD ends? Or should he go back to India once L2 visa expires?

Thanks for your help.

There will not be any problem for you to enter in Feb 2014. Also, you would get an I94 till petition expiry date. EAD is issued with an expiry date taking into account both your and your spouse's I94.

Archived