Passport Renewal process and Docs

I was finding hard time to find out the exact process for passport renewal as my passport is expiring at the end of this year Dec 2014. 

Please let me know what do I need to do for this - I am planning to go to NY Indian embassy for this but what documents do I need to take with me? Do I need to schedule an appointment or something? Please advise to the earliest. 

Many Thanks !!!!!

I was finding hard time to find out the exact process for passport renewal as my passport is expiring at the end of this year Dec 2014. 

Please let me know what do I need to do for this - I am planning to go to NY Indian embassy for this but what documents do I need to take with me? Do I need to schedule an appointment or something? Please advise to the earliest. 

Many Thanks !!!!!

Everything is available in Indian consulate, NY website. Go through that and apply accordingly.

• 1 month later...

In the online registration form of NRI passport application, Can I provide my india address as the permanent address (which appears on the passport) and US address as the other address? 

Please advise on that. 

Thanks !!!!!

I did renew my passport last week, you have to provide the US ADDRESS.

ONLY Your US address will be printed on the PASSPORT even if you provide the INDIA Address.

Archived