visiting visa(B1/B2) to F1 visa

srinathambati

Hi All,

I am currently a PhD student in Ireland. I have applied for F1 visa to pursue MBA in Texas. I have got rejections twice at US embassy in Ireland. I have provided documents from my supervisor that my project is allotted to post doctoral candidate from Jan 2014 as well. The reason for rejection is not making the official believe that I have enough ties to come back to home country.

I possess a visiting visa valid till 2022. I have travelled once to the united states in 2013 for a visiting fellowship at Harvard university and have returned. Now can i travel to the United States for the next coming conference or pleasure trips and get my B1/B2 visa converted to F1 while I am in USA. Please suggest the possibilities, risks associated at port of entry and change of visa status.

Cheers

Hi All,

I am currently a PhD student in Ireland. I have applied for F1 visa to pursue MBA in Texas. I have got rejections twice at US embassy in Ireland. I have provided documents from my supervisor that my project is allotted to post doctoral candidate from Jan 2014 as well. The reason for rejection is not making the official believe that I have enough ties to come back to home country.

I possess a visiting visa valid till 2022. I have travelled once to the united states in 2013 for a visiting fellowship at Harvard university and have returned. Now can i travel to the United States for the next coming conference or pleasure trips and get my B1/B2 visa converted to F1 while I am in USA. Please suggest the possibilities, risks associated at port of entry and change of visa status.

Cheers

That is illegal to do. You are basically lying to immigration officer about your purpose of entry to US. And, even if you apply for change of status from B1/B2 to F1 it would take more than 4 months for a decision.

That is illegal to do. You are basically lying to immigration officer about your purpose of entry to US. And, even if you apply for change of status from B1/B2 to F1 it would take more than 4 months for a decision.

Plus your previous two F-1 visa denials (rejections) are part of your permanent immigration record in the U.S., and would be seen during an adjudication of a B visa to F-1 visa change of status application, so there is a good chance that such a change of status would also be denied for the same reason.

Archived