Name Change in H4 petition

manojvijai

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forum.Let me explain my case. Last year my wife got her first H4 visa stamped with FNU as her first name and the complete name in the last name column. Recently i had switched company, so she she got her I797 H4 petition with "NO NAME GIVEN" as first name and complete name as last name even though we have submitted the I539 as FNU as first name (same as in visa).

I have raised a service request with the name change in the petition. I got a reply from USCIS saying that it was the rule to put NO NAME GIVEN.

My question here is, whether it will be a prob if we go for stamping next time.?. Or will travel to US back with the current valid visa and the new petition.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in the forum.Let me explain my case. Last year my wife got her first H4 visa stamped with FNU as her first name and the complete name in the last name column. Recently i had switched company, so she she got her I797 H4 petition with "NO NAME GIVEN" as first name and complete name as last name even though we have submitted the I539 as FNU as first name (same as in visa).

I have raised a service request with the name change in the petition. I got a reply from USCIS saying that it was the rule to put NO NAME GIVEN.

My question here is, whether it will be a prob if we go for stamping next time.?. Or will travel to US back with the current valid visa and the new petition.

No problem. She is good.

Archived