H1B is denied last year, do I need to mention about this denial this year as to my current employer as he is going to file H1B this year?

abcxyz07

Dear Friends,

My H1B got denied last year that was applied by consultancy B. Now I work for Consultancy A and he is planning to apply for my H1B this year. He gave me a form that I am supposed to fill out and it has all the details including this question that I wanted to ask:

Have you ever been denied for H1B if yes please specify the reason for denial along with receipt number.

I am just curious if I need to mention about the H1B denial last year from consultancy B to my current employer Consultancy A and answer the above question.

Please let me know your suggestion. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Dear Friends,

My H1B got denied last year that was applied by consultancy B. Now I work for Consultancy A and he is planning to apply for my H1B this year. He gave me a form that I am supposed to fill out and it has all the details including this question that I wanted to ask:

Have you ever been denied for H1B if yes please specify the reason for denial along with receipt number.

I am just curious if I need to mention about the H1B denial last year from consultancy B to my current employer Consultancy A and answer the above question.

Please let me know your suggestion. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Well, it is true that your H1B petition was denied once. Give the details.

In a word, YES!  This information is required for filing a H-1B visa petition.  Failure to provide this information would mean the visa petition filing would have false information, which will result in another denial, and possibly even an entry ban for yourself.

Be 100% truthful or your employer will have reason to fire you for cause.  The USCIS knows about the denial so hiding it from your employer and his attorney with the hopes that it will not affect another stamping won't work.

The fact you would post this question to a public legal forum indicates that you are unqualified to work in the US where professionals are expected to be honest. Either expect to be truthful in all your dealings or go elsewhere.

Archived