F1 Visa Renewal Green Slip Mumbai

isusam707

Hello,

I Submitted my renewal and passport through Drop box on 26th December 2013, Passport returned on December 30th, 2013 with White Form asking for personal interview. Personal Interview on January 2nd, 2014 and was issued Green Slip asking to submit more documents. Documents submitted via e-mail on January 2nd, 2014 and received an acknowledgement.

Currently my case is under administrative processing which I was told at the interview will take 3-4 weeks. My Doctorate program resumes on January 13th, 2014 and my University expects me to be back by January 13, 2014. 

I'm really stressed and If I do not get back to the states by January 13th, 2014 I will be expelled from my doctorate program. Any help in what I can do? 

Any tips or help would be great! Please help.

Hello,

I Submitted my renewal and passport through Drop box on 26th December 2013, Passport returned on December 30th, 2013 with White Form asking for personal interview. Personal Interview on January 2nd, 2014 and was issued Green Slip asking to submit more documents. Documents submitted via e-mail on January 2nd, 2014 and received an acknowledgement.

Currently my case is under administrative processing which I was told at the interview will take 3-4 weeks. My Doctorate program resumes on January 13th, 2014 and my University expects me to be back by January 13, 2014. 

I'm really stressed and If I do not get back to the states by January 13th, 2014 I will be expelled from my doctorate program. Any help in what I can do? 

Any tips or help would be great! Please help.

You can inform your international student services, supervisor, department head, HR and other concerned about your situation. Scan a copy of the slip and send it to them. That is all you can do. 

If you have not already done so you should of course contact the university (your professor, department, and the international students office) and advise them of the current situation.  Unfortunately there is nothing that they or you can do about your visa but wait and hope for the best.

I'm doing doctorate in pharmacy. I was asked on the green form to submit my resume, research interest, itinerary, invitation letter, current job position, purpose of visit, funding, travelers and travel.

My flight is still booked for January 9th. Hoping for my case number to show up tomorrow to submit my passport. 

I'm doing doctorate in pharmacy. I was asked on the green form to submit my resume, research interest, itinerary, invitation letter, current job position, purpose of visit, funding, travelers and travel.

My flight is still booked for January 9th. Hoping for my case number to show up tomorrow to submit my passport. 

I would expect your administrative processing to be over by a month from the day you submitted all requested documents. This I believe is to get standard security clearance as you are doing either biological or chemical research. Keep your options open about postponing your flight ticket. Contact your airlines about procedures and required time line to postpone your ticket. Most of the airlines are reasonably understanding and will help you if you inform them that your travel has to be postponed due to administrative processing of your visa application by US consulate.

Archived