F2 to F1 COS .. Stamping F1 in canada

prachi789

Hi 

I am a graduate student majoring in Computer science in California. I changed my visa status through COS from F2 to F1 and then joined accre. university.

I am graduating in may 2014 . Before graduating I would like to get my F1 visa stamped.The only concern I have is I am on CPT. I am doing internship at a good company. Is doing CPT affect my chances of getting F1 visa? I have all proper documentation of my employer.

Also my husband is on H1 visa and he also wants to get his H1 visa stamped.

Kindly let me know your views on getting our visa stamped positively.

Thank you!

Prachi789

Hi 
I am a graduate student majoring in Computer science in California. I changed my visa status through COS from F2 to F1 and then joined accre. university.
I am graduating in may 2014 . Before graduating I would like to get my F1 visa stamped.The only concern I have is I am on CPT. I am doing internship at a good company. Is doing CPT affect my chances of getting F1 visa? I have all proper documentation of my employer.
Also my husband is on H1 visa and he also wants to get his H1 visa stamped.
Kindly let me know your views on getting our visa stamped positively.

Thank you!
Prachi789

If CPT is an integral part of your curriculum and you have not violated any immigration law by doing CPT you should be fine. Run your situation with a good immigration attorney to be double sure about your CPT.

• 3 weeks later...

@rahul412 : Since I am computer science major , CPT is part of my F1 program.

I am earning credits for my CPT. 

@jairichi : Thank you for replying. I hope to get my visa stamped without any complications.

I am planning to go to Vancouver, Canada. 

Also one more question related to this , I will be getting my F1 stamped and my husband is getting his H1B stamped(full time job) . So is going for the interview together a good idea or bad idea ? 

Please reply.

Thank you,

Prachi789

@rahul412 : Since I am computer science major , CPT is part of my F1 program.

I am earning credits for my CPT. 

@jairichi : Thank you for replying. I hope to get my visa stamped without any complications.

I am planning to go to Vancouver, Canada. 

Also one more question related to this , I will be getting my F1 stamped and my husband is getting his H1B stamped(full time job) . So is going for the interview together a good idea or bad idea ? 

Please reply.

Thank you,

Prachi789

You both can go for interviews on the same day. But, since both of you are applying for different visa categories you will have separate appointments.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived