Toronoto - Canada - H1B Stamping

haivenki

Friends, I have been getting informed by many of people to go Canada for H1 B Stamping. So, I decided to apply and got a near slot in Toronto. After applying again many people informed  have Toronto as last option. As everyone suggested either to go Vancover or calagry. I am not so sure why or what reasons in any forums. I have my my client letter, pay stubs, master degree, tax forms and enough support from client. Do I still need to have a second thought of going to other places then Toronto? This is my first H1 B. Please suggest or advice better. Thanks.

i still dont understand the concept of processing time being longer at a consulate....i am stuck in Toronto as well from dec 16th...the interview went fine...as for all other people who were told by VO that he cant find some info on the system...i was also told the same...the consulate has my passport as well..its been 10 days now excluding the holidays but no status update other than admin processing on the CEAC on dec 18th.

But isnt the DOS responsible for all 221g cases, what does a consulate have to do to expedite or review your case faster?

There is a higher rate of getting 221(g) admin processing in Toronto. I had all the proper documentation. I still got a 221(g) admin processing, because the consulate officer wanted me to submit details of my project that I did for my Engineering and Masters (Its been over 10 years since I finished my education and I have been working in USA for last 6 years)

Weird...but it happens in Toronto. and it took almost a month after submitting the required documentation to get my visa stamped. So if you are planning to go to Toronto, then just be prepared to have an extended stay in Canada.

And, read up on ur Engineering and Master's projects.

There is a higher rate of getting 221(g) admin processing in Toronto. I had all the proper documentation. I still got a 221(g) admin processing, because the consulate officer wanted me to submit details of my project that I did for my Engineering and Masters (Its been over 10 years since I finished my education and I have been working in USA for last 6 years)

Weird...but it happens in Toronto. and it took almost a month after submitting the required documentation to get my visa stamped. So if you are planning to go to Toronto, then just be prepared to have an extended stay in Canada.

And, read up on ur Engineering and Master's projects.

i dont know what they want from me yet....and its been 10 days...:) and i work full time...i also suspect some educational query on my processing as well...

I have everything , Interview went well and......still happened to receive a 221g and asked me to submit resume......

Most cases the counselor has to decide the visa..... But in Toronto.....it doesn't seem right as I see many taking the long extended 221g pain.....The VO's simply routing majority of applications to DC.... :(

Archived