B1 - H1B is it valid

vamsibalaga

I have a H1b visa which got expired on 26 Dec 2013 which is from employer A.

I never travelled to US on that Visa from employer A

Now i changed to employer B where they were saying that they will do B1 visa and after travelling to US they will file a new petetion for H1B as i will not come under CAP.

Is this a valid process and what are complication in this process if any?? 

Is there any chance that if if i go for B1 visa stamping in india now will the consulte officer ask about about the H1B which is expired and why i am not applying for H1B renewal procss??

please suggest whether i can go B1 and late change to H1 ..

I have a H1b visa which got expired on 26 Dec 2013 which is from employer A.

I never travelled to US on that Visa from employer A

Now i changed to employer B where they were saying that they will do B1 visa and after travelling to US they will file a new petetion for H1B as i will not come under CAP.

Is this a valid process and what are complication in this process if any?? 

Is there any chance that if if i go for B1 visa stamping in india now will the consulte officer ask about about the H1B which is expired and why i am not applying for H1B renewal procss??

please suggest whether i can go B1 and late change to H1 ..

Job activity that could be performed with a B1 and H1B visas are different. You will face this question of why a B1 and not a H1B when you go for B1 visa interview. Once you enter on B1 employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition with COS. Take the help of an attorney.

Job activity that could be performed with a B1 and H1B visas are different. You will face this question of why a B1 and not a H1B when you go for B1 visa interview. Once you enter on B1 employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition with COS. Take the help of an attorney.

Hi, Thank you for response.

How valid and risk factor is involved in changing the b1-h1b.

As you said duties for B1 and H1b will differ but if i come to india after CAP exempt and approval i have to go for stamping and there are chance that i will be asked why i chose B1 to travel and then changed to H1B which is a technical speciality job.

Archived