Want to know if something minor I did qualifies as a visa term violation. And also its effect on future visa application.

india_2222

While I was on F-1 visa in my last semester my SEVIS was terminated and I was out of status because I forgot to submit an evaluation form at the end of my CPT. My CPT was authorized so I did not do any unauthorized work. As soon as I came to know about it I did a reentry to the US to fix my status. Now I have to apply for an H-1b visa and wanted to know if that informations needs to be provided in the DS 160 application under one of the security question "unlawful stay or previous visa term violation". And what kind of effect will it have on my application.

While I was on F-1 visa in my last semester my SEVIS was terminated and I was out of status because I forgot to submit an evaluation form at the end of my CPT. My CPT was authorized so I did not do any unauthorized work. As soon as I came to know about it I did a reentry to the US to fix my status. Now I have to apply for an H-1b visa and wanted to know if that informations needs to be provided in the DS 160 application under one of the security question "unlawful stay or previous visa term violation". And what kind of effect will it have on my application.

For how many days were you out of status? If it is less than a week it should not be a problem. Having been able to come back to US on valid status immediately means you are good and nothing to worry about.

Archived