Misdemeanor A - want to travel outside the U.S. & come back

dgandhi

I was charged Misdemeanor A for domestic violence (recklessly causes physical injury to another person). I was arrested for 2 days and came out on bail. Later I was given 2 years of unsupervised court probation by court. I am in my first year of probation yet. I have to go out of the United States for personal reasons and come back in 4 weeks. I am a permanent resident (Green Card) since 2011. I am leaving my family here as all of us cannot leave at this time.

Will I have problem entering at port of entry when I return back to the United States after 4 weeks? Will the officer be able to see my criminal record as soon as I do fingerprint at port of entry? How will this affect me? Everything is sorted out and I have been punished for my deeds. Can I still be stopped/arrested or sent back to my home country based on the fact that they (port of entry officer) see my criminal record in their database? Please, please, please advice.

Thanks t75!

1) Can I lose my Green Card right there?

2) What's the likelihood that I will be sent back to my home country?

3) My daughter (U.S. citizen) may go and come back along with me. If I am not allowed to enter the country, can they force my daughter to leave the country also since I am the only adult taking of care of her at that time?

Losing a GC is a very serious legal matter, infrequent, and requires a court appearance.  If you think this might be a possibility, you should talk to an immigration attorney.  Based on your original post, I believe that you are over reacting but based on your concerns, a consultation is essential.

Archived