Cant travel and also cant wait.. Help please..

jaianjali

HI i am in such a situation i cant define my problem,

I came US on F1 (2 year visa), changed university after a year. It took one more year to complete the masters in new university. I got OPT and worked for a while, now waiting for extension, Also i am planning for H1 for this April.

I was asked to come india before march,2014 for marriage, which i couldnt make it. if so i may not come back because my visa got already expired(but maintaining status) But my spouse got H1, i may get H4... i would like to know can i go to India and come back before April so that i can apply H1...  Can i apply to H1 from H4 directly is that possible or do i need to apply to an university to get back to F1 again.

My question is i dont want to mess the current status and take all the pain to get H1 again by studying in an university

Nor i cant wait until next november for my H1 and then go.

nor i can marry here

Is there any other way other than these two options...

Please advice...

Thanks,

Jai

First and foremost, you cannot apply for a H-1B visa.  A H-1B visa petition is applied (and paid) for by a sponsoring employer.

For the situation you have outlined, the next time an employer can file a H-1B visa petition is April 1, 2014 for employment starting on October 1, 2014.  It should be relatively straight forward for you to get a H-4 visa based on your spouse's H-1B visa, and then get a H-1B visa through a sponsoring employer.  I do not see any issues.  (Do not try to use applying to a university to a get a F-1 visa as some sort of 'bridge'.  That is not legal.)

HI i am in such a situation i cant define my problem,

I came US on F1 (2 year visa), changed university after a year. It took one more year to complete the masters in new university. I got OPT and worked for a while, now waiting for extension, Also i am planning for H1 for this April.

I was asked to come india before march,2014 for marriage, which i couldnt make it. if so i may not come back because my visa got already expired(but maintaining status) But my spouse got H1, i may get H4... i would like to know can i go to India and come back before April so that i can apply H1...  Can i apply to H1 from H4 directly is that possible or do i need to apply to an university to get back to F1 again.

My question is i dont want to mess the current status and take all the pain to get H1 again by studying in an university

Nor i cant wait until next november for my H1 and then go.

nor i can marry here

Is there any other way other than these two options...

Please advice...

Thanks,

Jai

Your employer can file for a H1 if you are on H4 in US as COS cap subject H1B petition or as cap subject H1B petition with consular processing.

• 1 month later...

Archived