F2 to F1 Change of Status through ELIS - USCIS

msdhoni

Hi All,

I am currently on F2 visa. I have applied to UNLV and got admitted for Spring 2013. Due to delay in my I-20, I could apply only on 7th December. I know its very late, semester starts from 25th January.

Current wait time on Vermont center is 3.3 months. But I have heard its for paper application and generally ELIS is faster ?

Everybody sailing in the same boat with me, please join and lets keep updated.

Any chance of my COS being approved in 2 months?

Thanks...

Hi All,

I am currently on F2 visa. I have applied to UNLV and got admitted for Spring 2013. Due to delay in my I-20, I could apply only on 7th December. I know its very late, semester starts from 25th January.

Current wait time on Vermont center is 3.3 months. But I have heard its for paper application and generally ELIS is faster ?

Thanks...

You could always go to an US consulate and get a F1 visa if you anticipate a delay in COS approval.

• 2 weeks later...

The status is showing currently as "processing 24th July" as of now. And it says as on 31st October.

Anyways I heard that if I have applied through USCIS for Status change, I can enroll and start my studies? Only if it gets rejected then only I am not allowed to study. But my Univ's OISS says that I have to be in F1 first, and then only I can enroll?

Anybody has a clue..?

Anyways I heard that if I have applied through USCIS for Status change, I can enroll and start my studies? Only if it gets rejected then only I am not allowed to study. But my Univ's OISS says that I have to be in F1 first, and then only I can enroll?

Your university's OISS is 100% correct. You cannot study on a F-2 visa. While a change of status (CoS) application has been filed and is pending you are still on a F-2 visa. You can only study once your have received an approved F-1 visa.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I applied for change of status on December 18th through the ELIS system. I did not make it to the spring semester since my school needed my to obtain the F1 visa in order to continue being enrolled, so my admission was deferred to the summer semester. I expedited my case a couple of times but it was rejected. I even spoke with a level two officer and recently was told that the California service center is currently reviewing applications filed in November. 

Any news on your case? 

Hi,

I applied for change of status on December 18th through the ELIS system. I did not make it to the spring semester since my school needed my to obtain the F1 visa in order to continue being enrolled, so my admission was deferred to the summer semester. I expedited my case a couple of times but it was rejected. I even spoke with a level two officer and recently was told that the California service center is currently reviewing applications filed in November. 

Any news on your case? 

Unfortunately USCIS does not expedite the petition process. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hi sny90,

Have you received any update? what happen to your application?

I also applied for F2 to F1 status change. waiting for the decision. I applied on  june 18th. till now I haven't received any update. Its in initial review. My application sent to vermont center and given average case decision time is 2.5 month. 

Pls suggest me if you get your status...

Thanks,

Priya

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks...

HI

Can you please update, when did you get decision

like the date when you applied and date when you received deceision?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

hi sny90,

I saw some where now the processing time is 3 months and they are processing May files..Have you tried any speed up approach? I heard like after normal time we can contact them to check our application to expedite the process.. I hope u applied three months back right?...pls let me know if you have any update...

Thanks,

Priya

hi sny90,

I saw some where now the processing time is 3 months and they are processing May files..Have you tried any speed up approach? I heard like after normal time we can contact them to check our application to expedite the process.. I hope u applied three months back right?...pls let me know if you have any update...

Thanks,

Priya

Hi Priya 

I guess sny(0 got approval, actual processing time is 3 months and few days, if everything go smooth. Lets hope we get approval in time.

Archived