New I94 vs the electronic one issued at Port of Entry

avlesk

Hi,

I entered US this year August and was issued the electronic I-94 as <my visa validity date + 10 days>. I'm on H1B and my employer went for amendment due to the change in work location after this. In the new I797 notice that I received, I have the I94 validity date as my original visa validity date. Basically, in the new one that extra 10 day provided at port of entry is gone and is set to the original visa validity date.

I went to the online i94 system. But it is still showing me the old validity date i.e., <my visa validity date + 10 days>. Is this Correct? Is there anything that needs to be done from my side? Does it take sometime for the system to reflect the most recent approved dates or updates to the I94.

Hi,

I entered US this year August and was issued the electronic I-94 as <my visa validity date + 10 days>. I'm on H1B and my employer went for amendment due to the change in work location after this. In the new I797 notice that I received, I have the I94 validity date as my original visa validity date. Basically, in the new one that extra 10 day provided at port of entry is gone and is set to the original visa validity date.

I went to the online i94 system. But it is still showing me the old validity date i.e., <my visa validity date + 10 days>. Is this Correct? Is there anything that needs to be done from my side? Does it take sometime for the system to reflect the most recent approved dates or updates to the I94.

You are fine and nothing is there to change.

Archived