Domestic US tickets : No Last name in Indian Passport

L1_to_H1

Hello,

I have a question about booking tickets when someone does not have a last name on their passport. The Visa was issued as FIRSTNAME, FNU. Now if I have to book ticket from India to US with one lay over in US how should the name be filled up? Since last name is mandatory I suppose we can use FIRSTNAME, FNU.

Actually travelling from India to US is not a an issue. The issue comes when the passenger has to transit in US to catch the domestic flight. The TSA will try to match boarding pass name with passport name and here since there is no last name on passport it will not match FIRSTNAME,FNU. 

Any ideas?

Hello,

I have a question about booking tickets when someone does not have a last name on their passport. The Visa was issued as FIRSTNAME, FNU. Now if I have to book ticket from India to US with one lay over in US how should the name be filled up? Since last name is mandatory I suppose we can use FIRSTNAME, FNU.

Actually travelling from India to US is not a an issue. The issue comes when the passenger has to transit in US to catch the domestic flight. The TSA will try to match boarding pass name with passport name and here since there is no last name on passport it will not match FIRSTNAME,FNU. 

Any ideas?

You should be fine. As FNU is a terminology well identified in travel industry & immigration.

Archived