H1 B to H4 Visa

santhoshmaniyan

My wife in India having a Valid H1B Petition and she is done with her H1 B Stamping and ready to travel.  But their company have been looking for some travel oppertunities and it is more than 4 - 5 months now.

In the mean since I am here in USA with H1B visa if I process her H4 Visa.  Is her H1 B visa will get cancelled ?

If so, though then since she has a valid Approved Petition for three years will she be able to work here having the valid petition ?

Please advice.

My wife in India having a Valid H1B Petition and she is done with her H1 B Stamping and ready to travel.  But their company have been looking for some travel oppertunities and it is more than 4 - 5 months now.

In the mean since I am here in USA with H1B visa if I process her H4 Visa.  Is her H1 B visa will get cancelled ?

If so, though then since she has a valid Approved Petition for three years will she be able to work here having the valid petition ?

Please advice.

She can apply and enter US on H4 visa based on your H1B status. Her H1B visa does not get cancelled. To be eligible to work once she in US an employer has to file a cap exempt H1B petition with COS and on approval she can work.

Archived