URGENT: I-797A lost which is required for H4 Stamping (No Copy)

kishorevvns

Hi Experts,

I’ve lost my I-797A form somehow and it is now needed for H4 Visa stamping for my wife to travel. I don't have a copy of it too :(

Is there a way to get a duplicate copy of I-797A? If yes, how long will it take?

Is there any alternative to attend the interview without it. Kindly respond immediately if you know any solution because she should travel to US at the earliest possible time due to personal concerns.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kishore

Hi Experts,

I’ve lost my I-797A form somehow and it is now needed for H4 Visa stamping for my wife to travel. I don't have a copy of it too :(

Is there a way to get a duplicate copy of I-797A? If yes, how long will it take?

Is there any alternative to attend the interview without it. Kindly respond immediately if you know any solution because she should travel to US at the earliest possible time due to personal concerns.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kishore

Apply for a duplicate copy with USCIS.

• 2 months later...

I have the same Problem. I have lost my Original I797A and only have a scanned copy of the document. I also lost my I-94 along with my Passport (thanks to USPS). Now got my passport in less than a week, however have applied for duplicate approval copies with USCIS . Application forms I-824 (I-797 duplicate notice of approval) and I-102 for duplicate I-94 (most people on this forum say , departing is not a problem as long as CBP or the airlines can record your departure via machine reader for submitted I-94 cards or via manifests from Airlines which transmit passenger data to CBP.

Upon  receipt/acknowledgement from USCIS for my application, I am going to Jamaica for Stamping . Cant really wait for 2-6 months to get actual I797 back from USCIS with H1B season round the corner.

Note: I am talking about I-94 coz it comes attached with I-797A.

Good luck and let me know what happens!

Regards

Archived