H1B Transfer - Can I start working with USCIS Receipt Notice alone?

hrishr

Hi,

I am on H1B visa valid till September, 2015. I am planning to move to a different employer. I wanted to know if I can start working for a new employer with USCIS Receipt Notice alone ?  New employer is not willing to premium process the Visa Transfer. 

What are the chances of Visa transfer getting failed ? 

There is no much clarity about this topic. People say different things in different forum.So please let me know if I should wait for the approval or join with just the receipt notice. thanks !

Thanks

Hi,

I am on H1B visa valid till September, 2015. I am planning to move to a different employer. I wanted to know if I can start working for a new employer with USCIS Receipt Notice alone ?  New employer is not willing to premium process the Visa Transfer. 

There is no much clarity about this topic. People say different things in different forum.So please let me know if I should wait for the approval or join with just the receipt notice. thanks !

Thanks

You can start working but Safer option is to wait for the approval.Push your employer for premium processing or you can pay too for the premium processing.

Hi,

Thanks

You are allowed to work for your new employer based on receipt notice though it is not a good idea. It is wise if you wait for approval. The reason is what happens to you if your current employer revokes H1B and new employer's H1B petition is denied?

Chances of denial are based on documents submitted and no one can predict that.

Archived