H1B Transfer in India post revoke/cancellation

mastermindark

Hi,

I am working for company A and came on a vacation to India. I have got my H1B visa stamped untill Jan 2015 , but unfortunately my service is terminated with the current company A. I saw USCIS website and came to know that My employer has revoked my H1B... so

1) Can I still transfer my H1B to some other employer in India and comeback once approved without going for quota ?

2) Can the H1B Visa that is stamped for the previous employer  be used for new employer that I am going to choose(once he files H1B and that gets approved) . Is that correct ?

Please let me know

Thanks!

Hi,

I am working for company A and came on a vacation to India. I have got my H1B visa stamped untill Jan 2015 , but unfortunately my service is terminated with the current company A. I saw USCIS website and came to know that My employer has revoked my H1B... so

1) Can I still transfer my H1B to some other employer in India and comeback once approved without going for quota ?

2) Can the H1B Visa that is stamped for the previous employer  be used for new employer that I am going to choose(once he files H1B and that gets approved) . Is that correct ?

Please let me know

Thanks!

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

H1 revocation doesn't mean anything for you. The employer just has to do that by law. Don't be scared by the "revocation" word.

A new employer can of course file an H1 for you at any time.

You can use the old, valid H1 visa together with a copy of the new H1 approval notice to enter.

H1 revocation doesn't mean anything for you. The employer just has to do that by law. Don't be scared by the "revocation" word.

A new employer can of course file an H1 for you at any time.

You can use the old, valid H1 visa together with a copy of the new H1 approval notice to enter.

Thank you. Another question -Is the H1 transfer possible from India without the recent pay stubs, I have pay stubs till Feb '13. Came to India on Apr '13. Can they manage the transfer? I am concerned as I will have to bear the transfer fees.

Thank you. Another question -Is the H1 transfer possible from India without the recent pay stubs, I have pay stubs till Feb '13. Came to India on Apr '13. Can they manage the transfer? I am concerned as I will have to bear the transfer fees.

Yes, a new cap exempt H1B petition can be filed by an employer with out pay stubs as you have left US long back. Paying H1B fees by you is illegal. Find a different employer.

Archived