H4 to H1 and possible H4 again

RBS_123

I am working on H1B after my H1B got approved this year. Prior to that I was in H4 visa.

Before the decision of my H1B, my husband applied his extension and for my H4 too. He got a RFE and his employer replied to the RFE.

When I check the status of application in USICS site, it shows Initial Review and from my husband's application status shows RFE response in review.

I have sent an application to withdraw my H4 but still doesn't show in USCIS site. what will happen to my H1B of my H4 approved in between?

Since I have SSN and I am working and my employer has not withdrawn my H1B, can I still continue to work after my H4 approved. If not what should I do to retain my H1. Please suggest.

I am working on H1B after my H1B got approved this year. Prior to that I was in H4 visa.

Before the decision of my H1B, my husband applied his extension and for my H4 too. He got a RFE and his employer replied to the RFE.

When I check the status of application in USICS site, it shows Initial Review and from my husband's application status shows RFE response in review.

I have sent an application to withdraw my H4 but still doesn't show in USCIS site. what will happen to my H1B of my H4 approved in between?

Since I have SSN and I am working and my employer has not withdrawn my H1B, can I still continue to work after my H4 approved. If not what should I do to retain my H1. Please suggest.

If your H4 extension gets approved after H1B approval then as per last action rule you will be on H4 status. After H4 extension approval to stay on H1B you have to exit and enter US with a H1B visa or employer applies again for change of status from H4 to H1B. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived