How to go ahead with prior stay dates error in I-797

rahulsmit

Hi,
My new companies' attorney made a TYPO when filling I-129 for my Visa Transfer around 8 months back. Error was - In my prior US stay dates, instead of 2011 he/she typed 2010.
I didn't realize this mistake until recently, and luckily i was going through I-129 copy and found that error.

This propagated to me getting I-797 extended for more that 6 years. I got an extension till Feb, 2016, while I should have got it till it Feb, 2015. I still have 13 months of legal stay available.

My questions are,
1. How should this be fixed?
2. Can I file an amendment (in premium) to get this right?
3. My company is filing my PERM. I was wondering if the incorrect prior stay dates can cause an issue with my PERM.
4. If amendment is possible, should I do that before PERM is filed?

Thanks,
Rahul

Hi,

My new companies' attorney made a TYPO when filling I-129 for my Visa Transfer around 8 months back. Error was - In my prior US stay dates, instead of 2011 he/she typed 2010.

I didn't realize this mistake until recently, and luckily i was going through I-129 copy and found that error.

This propagated to me getting I-797 extended for more that 6 years. I got an extension till Feb, 2016, while I should have got it till it Feb, 2015. I still have 13 months of legal stay available.

My questions are,

1. How should this be fixed?

2. Can I file an amendment (in premium) to get this right?

3. My company is filing my PERM. I was wondering if the incorrect prior stay dates can cause an issue with my PERM.

4. If amendment is possible, should I do that before PERM is filed?

Thanks,

Rahul

Talk to your employer's attorney as it is his/her responsibility to fix it.

Archived