Reg Spouse visa when husband on i-94

Johncyrr

Hi,

My Friend had a L1-B visa. He travelled to US last year and got I-94 till 2015. His wife and daughter is in India. His visa is expired now but he has a valid I-94.

His daughter is US citizen and his wife visa is expired . He wanted to take his wife and daughter to US to celebrate his daughter birthday along with him. The company told that they cannot process L2 visa for his wife as his visa is expired. So he is planning to take his wife in visitor visa for 5 months.

Please let me know if taking his wife on visitor visa when he is on L1 status is fine?

What are the documents that are required to be taken along with her when she appears for visitor visa?

Regards,

Johnc

Hi,

My Friend had a L1-B visa. He travelled to US last year and got I-94 till 2015. His wife and daughter is in India. His visa is expired now but he has a valid I-94.

His daughter is US citizen and his wife visa is expired . He wanted to take his wife and daughter to US to celebrate his daughter birthday along with him. The company told that they cannot process L2 visa for his wife as his visa is expired. So he is planning to take his wife in visitor visa for 5 months.

Please let me know if taking his wife on visitor visa when he is on L1 status is fine?

What are the documents that are required to be taken along with her when she appears for visitor visa?

Regards,

Johnc

His wife can apply for an L2 visa all by herself. She needs to fill in DS160 and attend visa interview with a copy of her spouse's L1 approval notice, marriage certificate.

Archived