Name difference in Birth Certificate

hapatel

It's your father in law name, right? You are not applying for him, so why are you worried? I doubt that anyone cares what it is in her passport. In fact, you don't even have to send a copy of her passport pages (other than visa/I-94) for I-485 processing.

Originally posted by hapatel:

My wife (H4)fater name in BC is different than in passport. Passport says xxxxxxbhai whereas BC says xxxxxxxxxkumar. Will this work or I need to get it changed?

Any one had such situation in the past and got any RFE.

Please advice.

u r not applying for her fahter , as long as her records are consistent it shoould be ok, in case ( remote chances) a RFE is issued get an affadavit with her father testifying the his correct name

@hapatel,

Your case is similar to one of my friend. What his attorney suggested to get affidavit from India on Stamp paper by father or mother stating that both name XXXXbhai & XXXXKumar is same & one person. If you search on google you may find the sample letter.

Don't worry its not major point. In my case also my mother name is different then what is on my BC. its XXXkaben on passport but on BC its just XXXXben. So, I also submitted same kinda affidavit.

Archived