Visa approved in Kingston Jamaica on 20th Dec

RamuT

Hi All,

We 3 friends came to Jamaica for stamping, All we got visa approved today.I get lot of help from previous posts, so i want to share my experience so that it might be helpful for others:

We reached Kingston on 19th evening 6pm,As already many of you know we (Indian's) don't need to get any prior visa to enter Jamaica, they will issue 30 days tourist visit in the airport itself.Make sure you must have return ticket,just you need to show them itinerary for return( Get a print out).

we take a Cab From Airport to The Liguanea Club( out Hotel) which they charge 30 dollars which became standard rate now days.Our interviews are at 7 AM ( for 2 people) and 7:30 AM (1 person).

Before letting in into consulate, They first check For confirmation page,passport,photo and I 797.Once you get in there will be security( standard like airport one) and then you will be asked to sit for while. 

Then they will ask bunch of people at a time to go through reception area, where a  guy will once again check your name it present time slot.After that he will put some bar code on your passport and also he will staple an orange slip to your passport on which you have time write ur last name and first name  with contact details( for us to is going to be hotel address and phone number).

then you will be sent for ten print finger scan at counters 13 to 16 and then you will seated again.After some time they will send one by one actual interview.Today 4 windows are open fr interviews(counters 18 to 22). 

First my friend went to interview, and his questions are:

1)what's your role and responsibilities.

2)what programming languages you know and what you work on.

3)who is your employer

4)What is your highest degree.

5)what's your salary.

i am second went to same officer immediately after my friend and here are my questions

1)For what you came here for

2)who is your employer.

3)do you know the other person(as we are from same employer)

4)how many of you friends came here 

5)how you know him

6)where your from in India.

7)what's your role and explain your responsibilities

8)how many programmer analysts are there in your company

9)what you used to do before joining this employer

10)did you work with same employer in OPT

11)what's your salary

12)on what your salary will be determined

13)where did u do your masters

14)what is your major in

15)how it is related to your job

16)do you have any issues with your employer

17)when your are leaving

my other also went to same officer even after 15 min( who had different time slot),and his questions are:

1)where did u do your masters 

2)what is your major in

3)who is your employer.

4)what's your role and explain your responsibilities

5)Tell me about your project

6)what is your highest degree( asked again other than 1st question) and where you did it

7)where did you complete your under grad??

8)what is your project about

9)when did you get graduated

10)how long you been with this company

11)what's your role in this company

12) what was your previous role

13)what was your income

14)do you have any client

15)what is your client do

16)did your company have any other clients and tell some of them

17)where did you work before this client

18)tell me about your duties in previous clients??

19)where is your company located

20)how many vacations do you have per year( my friend answered 15 days)

21)why you come to jamaica ,why didn't you go to india to vist you parents when you have 15 days

22)when are you going back to US

Not even single document was asked from any of us.

Hope this helps, Be confident.....!!!

Please calrify this "did your company have any other clients and tell some of them?"Company means Employer or client?

company means employer, there will be many employees for your employer.. just ask him to gave some of client names some other employees work other than you.

In worst case scenario what will be the return trip travel to India ?Came to know that we can't travel thru Canada or US of transit problem?Please advise any best travel details,flight etc...

I talk to some  local business indian people about trip to india, they said, weekly there is one flight to Amsterdam, or mostly they fly through germany.First you have to get german visa.They said it is easy to get german visa and max all consulates are at the same new kihgston area.

Can ypu Please calrify for this how we can justify why you come to jamaica ,why didn't you go to india to vist you parents when you have 15 days?

My friend said, he already used 7 vacations this year and he had only 7 more left which are not sufficient to visit their parents.

I talk to some  local business indian people about trip to india, they said, weekly there is one flight to Amsterdam, or mostly they fly through germany.First you have to get german visa.They said it is easy to get german visa and max all consulates are at the same new kihgston area.

Thx for reply.If you don't mind Can you please provide Indian travel agent details?Is any Netherlands visa is required to fly thru Amsterdam?Please let me know process of how to get German Visa?I din't understand this "max all consulates are at the same new kihgston area"?Please advise.

Thx for reply.If you don't mind Can you please provide Indian travel agent details?Is any Netherlands visa is required to fly thru Amsterdam?Please let me know process of how to get German Visa?I din't understand this "max all consulates are at the same new kihgston area"?Please advise.

Can you please update the contact details on your Profile.Will try to reach you on this query?

Archived