New employer H1B VISA application

Mimo645

Dear all,

I started working with my employer under OPT, our original agreement was to work at $8,000/ month while on the OPT and increase it to  $12,800/month (32 hrs/week at $100.hr) when the H!B kicks in (October 1st 2013). After the H1B became effective the business was still slow and I agreed (verbal agreement) with my employer to take some unpaid vaccation days and keep my salry at $8000/month. Now I am applying for a concurrent full-time H1B with a new employer (I am planning to keep my current H1B and change it to a part-time). My future employer is asking for my payslips for the last 3 months to include in my new H1B petition as proof of employement. My questions are:

1. will the difference in monthly salary between the H1B application ($12800) and the actual pay ($8000) cause any problems with the new H1B application? if so what is the best way to fix it?

2. I am planning to travel abroad in July to get my H1B visa stamped (I started working in the US under F1-Visa OPT extension), will this difference cause any problems in the U.S embassy.

Thank you in advance,

Dear all,

I started working with my employer under OPT, our original agreement was to work at $8,000/ month while on the OPT and increase it to  $12,800/month (32 hrs/week at $100.hr) when the H!B kicks in (October 1st 2013). After the H1B became effective the business was still slow and I agreed (verbal agreement) with my employer to take some unpaid vaccation days and keep my salry at $8000/month. Now I am applying for a concurrent full-time H1B with a new employer (I am planning to keep my current H1B and change it to a part-time). My future employer is asking for my payslips for the last 3 months to include in my new H1B petition as proof of employement. My questions are:

1. will the difference in monthly salary between the H1B application ($12800) and the actual pay ($8000) cause any problems with the new H1B application? if so what is the best way to fix it?

2. I am planning to travel abroad in July to get my H1B visa stamped (I started working in the US under F1-Visa OPT extension), will this difference cause any problems in the U.S embassy.

Thank you in advance,

If you are paid on H1B equal or above salary mentioned in LCA then you are fine.

If you are paid on H1B equal or above salary mentioned in LCA then you are fine.

Thank you Jarichi. I am being paid the hourly wage in the LCA ($100/hr) but I am working less hours per month (80 instead of 128hrs/month as mentioned in the H1B petition). My paystubs doesn't show the number of hours i worked, only the amount I've been paid. I am worried that this might cause a problem since my new employer (a university) is filing me a 2nd H1B and they are including my paystubs as proof of my current employment. My questions: (1) Does the USCIS usually check the amount in my paystub and compare it to the original petition, (2) will it help if I included a letter from the HR saying that i worked part-time or took some unpaid time off during the last 3 months?

Thank you for all the help,

Archived